Sustainability is an all-encompassing concept about working toward a better world. The challenges are in practical implementation and reconciling conflicting imperatives.
Carbon & climate
Leaders worldwide accept climate change as a fundamental challenge for humanity. Our team has decades of experience in tackling carbon emissions, and in building resilience to unavoidable climate change.
We bring deep knowledge and years of experience with our professional expertise in environment and natural resource management.
Pressure is mounting on businesses and governments to cut their carbon emissions rapidly and align with global efforts to curb climate change.
Society expects a lot from infrastructure: remaining resilient to an unknown future, doing more while costing less, and enabling growth while preserving lifestyles and the environment.
Every year, significant public and private investments are made in infrastructure. Our clients are intimately involved in planning, designing, creating and operating these real assets.
Losee Consulting is a leading provider of infrastructure sustainability services, specialising in the Infrastructure Sustainability Council’s, Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) rating scheme.
Scott Losee was a founder of the IS Council and has served on its board, chaired the Technical Advisory Panel and independently verified well over 50 ratings. In 2015, Scott received ISCA’s Individual Leadership in Infrastructure Sustainability Award.
We are uniquely positioned to help you gain high IS ratings and help you focus on where sustainability adds value.
- Leading and coordinating IS ratings in design and construction
- Strategic, technical advice for owners and proponents
- Specialist sustainability services (e.g. energy, water and materials modelling, and climate change risk assessment)
- Independent Sustainability Professional (ISP) services and auditing
- Rating verification for the IS Council
- Guidance for project procurement, specification and tender evaluation
- Business case and planning phase sustainability assessment
Many governments and businesses now want to integrate sustainability into their highest-level strategies and throughout their core operations.
We will work with you to understand your organisation’s priorities and help you formulate strategic sustainability approaches. This includes conducting materiality assessments and establishing measurement and reporting with metrics and targets.
We work alongside engineers, scientists, architects, planners, and consultation professionals to discover, develop and evaluate innovations that genuinely advance sustainability.
Sustainable procurement can be successful, but to be effective, you need to appreciate what the market can deliver and how to express requirements and aspirations effectively.
Have you considered using your organisation’s purchasing power to drive cost-effective outcomes in environment and sustainability?
- Sustainability roadmaps, policy and program development
- Innovation facilitation
- Sustainable procurement, environmental and sustainability advice
- Sustainability reporting (e.g. GRI, ISO 26000)
- Materiality assessments
- Green buildings strategies and guidance
- Green office staff engagement programs and behaviour change
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) planning and implementation
- Alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Carbon & climate
World leaders accept climate change as a fundamental challenge for humanity. Our team has decades of experience in tackling carbon emissions, and in building resilience to unavoidable climate change.
Head towards Net Zero
We help you navigate the intricacies of energy and carbon management to control risk, monitor compliance and identify and realise opportunities.
We take a problem-solving approach by evaluating initiatives, designing programs, arranging carbon offsetting and using renewable energy.
We offer direct access to cost-effective carbon offsets that meet requirements for carbon neutral.
- Carbon footprints (greenhouse gas inventories)
- Net zero targets, trajectories, scenarios and modelling
- Carbon accounting and reporting
- Climate Active certification
- Science Based Targets (SBT)
- Emissions reduction, energy efficiency and renewable energy strategies
- Carbon offsetting and carbon neutral implementation
Resilience in a changing climate
Many organisations and places are not well adapted to existing climate variability, let alone prepared for future climate change influenced by the build-up of greenhouse gases.
While many excellent thinkers are studying climate change and adaptation approaches, we work with your organisation’s existing processes to adapt and improve resilience—not to bamboozle you with jargon or data.
We will go through a rigorous risk assessment with you (or refresh existing risk assessments) and integrate it with your risk registers and management systems. Our workshop facilitation methods are outcome-focussed and flexible to suit employers’ time.
Your adaptation plan must be prudent and considered. We will help identify an appropriate pathway, encouraging optimal investments over time, but also in building workforce, community and customer resilience.
We will help identify an appropriate pathway, encouraging optimal investments over time.
- Climate change risk assessment
- Vulnerability assessment
- Organisation level climate-related disclosures and reporting
- Adaptation pathways and resilience planning
- Design advice for climate-resilient infrastructure and building
Our professional expertise is in environment and natural resource management. We relish problems that have no obvious solution, or for which a novel approach could achieve a breakthrough.
We relish problems that have no obvious solution, or for which a novel approach could achieve a breakthrough. For example, we have worked with government and stakeholders to understand the environmental risks posed by plastic pollution and identify effective responses.
Our team’s professional experience is split between the public and private sectors. We are equally comfortable briefing ministers or senior executives.
Out-sourcing aspects of policy development can give departmental or council teams greater flexibility to engage with stakeholders and develop options.
We have the experience to develop policy diplomatically, negotiate with your key stakeholders and produce superior written reports and presentations to build support for policy interventions.
Out-sourcing aspects of policy development can give departmental or council teams greater flexibility.
- Investigating and framing responses to emerging environmental problems
- Policy analysis and development for state and local governments
- Plastic pollution reduction planning
- Circular economy strategies
- Key policy stakeholder engagement and workshop facilitation
Environmental management is highly regulated. Sometimes approval conditions and reporting requirements do not add value to environmental protection or business operations.
A compliance mindset dampens creative thinking. We challenge assumptions to develop and negotiate innovative solutions for stakeholders at all levels. For example, we’ve helped a tunnel operator optimise ventilation regimes and air quality goals, to save energy and money.
Our reports are succinct, high quality, and give you actionable recommendations.
If you need ‘fresh eyes’ or an independent perspective, we will work with your teams, stakeholders and regulators to find new and more efficient ways to protect the environment while advancing your own interests.
We will work with your teams, stakeholders and regulators to find new and more efficient ways to protect the environment.
- Environmental data analysis and report preparation
- Auditing environmental and sustainability management systems
- Assisting with construction environmental management
- Supporting ecology and environmental fieldwork
Get in touch
© Losee Consulting Pty Ltd, 2013-2022 – All rights reserved.
We pay respect to the Traditional Owners and keepers of this land and acknowledge all elders past present and future.