Logan Enhancement Project—Infrastructure Sustainability ServicesImplementation of sustainability goals with delivery team on major toll road upgrade
Transurban set ambitious sustainability goals for its $512 million Logan Enhancement Project. CPB Contractors, with the GHD/SMEC design Joint Venture (JV), were the D&C contractors. The Design JV engaged Losee Consulting to lead sustainability through the:
- Four gate sustainability engineering design
- Infrastructure Sustainability (IS) rating base case and weightings assessment
- Sustainability management plan and governance arrangements
- Modelling of energy, water, and materials
- Climate change adaptation planning
- Coordinating evidence collection for the IS rating submission.
The project’s several exceptional sustainability initiatives included:
- 220,000 tonnes of EME2 asphalt laid with significant CAPEX savings and 6400 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions avoided
- $20 million investment in fauna crossings, including a new BEBO arch fauna overpass, rope crossings, glider poles, and underpasses
- First Australian infrastructure project to recycle soft plastics
- Paperless design review system, saving over 150,000 sheets of paper.
The project achieved an ‘Excellent’ IS Design rating with 69 points, later achieving a ‘Leading’ As Built rating.
Get in touch
© Losee Consulting Pty Ltd, 2013-2022 – All rights reserved.
We pay respect to the Traditional Owners and keepers of this land and acknowledge all elders past present and future.